Hansen Yuncken NSW Construction Scholarship
The Hansen Yuncken NSW Construction Scholarship was established in 2012. The aim of the award is to encourage students with a TAFE or apprenticeship background to continue their higher education in the UTS Bachelor of Construction Project Management degree.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
$5,000 over one year. In addition, the recipient will have the opportunity to undertake a paid work placement at Hansen Yunken. The paid work placement will ordinarily take place in the year following the awarding of the scholarship.
Who is eligible?
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or holders of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa.
- Commencing students in the UTS Bachelor of Construction Project Management course. The recipient must commence in the admission period immediately following scholarship offer.
- Has undertaken in the past two years, partial or completed studies at TAFE or a Trade Apprenticeship in the field of Building, Carpentry or Construction related studies.
- First UAC preferences to the UTS Bachelor of Construction Project Management will be highly regarded; and
- Motivation to succeed in the Bachelor of Construction and the construction industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview; and
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview; and
- Academic merit in the academic qualification used as basis of admission into the UTS undergraduate coursework degree.
- Relevant work experience demonstrated through statements/letters of employment submitted with the Scholarship application.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for 2017 will open shortly. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 15 November 2016
Closing date: 27 February 2017
For further information contact
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527