Emerging Athlete Program
A considerable fund has been established by the ActivateUTS to provide support to high achievers in a wide range of sporting pursuits.
ActivateUTS has three programs to support athletes of UTS:
- Elite Athlete Program;
- Emerging Athlete Program; and
- EAP Housing Scholarship
Value and duration
Each scholar in the Emerging Athlete Program may receive:
- Free use of the ActivateFit on Harris gym and consultation & programming services
- Access to the Elite Athlete Private Gym
- Subsidised fees when competing for UTS in University Sporting Competitions
- Assistance with academic matters via the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
- EAP branded training apparel.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for a UTS sporting scholarship if you:
- Are an enrolled UTS student
- Compete in a sport at a representative, State or National level
UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Scholars requirements:
- Maintain a minimum academic level of 'pass' for all subjects
- Compete for a representative UTS sporting team, where relevant
- Become a member of a UTS sporting club, where relevant
- Act as an ambassador for UTS and UTS Sport
Course area(s)All courses.
For information on how to apply please visit the ActivateUTS Elite Athlete Program website.
Opening date: 01 December 2016
Closing date: 24 March 2017