Elite Athlete Program
A considerable fund has been established by ActivateUTS to provide support to high achievers in a wide range of sporting pursuits.
ActivateUTS has three programs to support athletes of UTS:
- Elite Athlete Program;
- Emerging Athlete Program; and
- EAP Housing Scholarship
Value and duration
Each scholar in the Elite and Emerging Athlete Programs will receive:
- Financial assistance in the form of a cash grant, depending on performance (Elite Athlete Scholarship holders only)
- Free use of ActivateFit on Harris and Consultation and Programming services
- Subsidised fees when competing for UTS in University Sporting Competitions
- Assistance with Academic matters via the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
Note: If you would like further information on sport-specific criteria for the Elite and Emerging Athlete program, please contact Rachael Simmons. Contact details are available below.
EAP Housing Scholarship:
Each year the EAP and UTS Housing award two scholarships to high performing student athletes to assist with their sporting and academic pursuits. Introduced in 2013 the scholarship provides students with a single room in the UTS Housing accommodation for the period of one university year.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for a UTS sporting scholarship if you:
- Are an enrolled UTS student
- Compete in a sport at a representative, State or National level
UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Scholars requirements:
- Maintain a minimum academic level of 'pass' for all subjects
- Compete for a representative UTS sporting team, where relevant
- Become a member of a UTS sporting club, where relevant
- Act as an ambassador for UTS and UTS Sport
Course area(s)All courses.
For information on how to apply please visit the ActivateUTS Elite Athlete Program website.