Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarships (Exchange & Study Abroad)
The Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarships provides opportunities for students to study overseas, promoting cultural exchange and deepening relations between Australia and China.
The Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (Exchange & Study Abroad) gives UTS students the opportunity to undertake one session of study at a university in China. The scholarship will be awarded to two recipients each year, usually one (1) in Autumn session and one (1) in Spring session.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
Each scholarship recipient will receive a $10,000 one-off payment.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in a UTS Undergraduate or Postgraduate Coursework program; and
- Admitted by a UTS-approved university in China to undertake one session of undergraduate or postgraduate coursework full-time study at that University; and
- Endorsed by the relevant UTS Faculty or School for one session of Exchange or Study Abroad (with credit recognition towards the UTS degree in which they are enrolled).
Course area(s)All courses.
- Academic Merit (GPA)
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application process.
- Students enrolled in a degree (study load of 48 credit points or less) may not be eligible to undertake a session of study in China. Students must speak with their faculty to see whether their course allows them to undertake an Exchange or Study Abroad session in China.
- Students undertaking an In-Country Study component of their degree are not eligible to apply for the Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (Exchange & Study Abroad).
Applications are currently closed.
Opening date: 24 April 2017
Closing date: 15 May 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527