Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders (External)
In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald's Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name. The Scholarship, administered by the Charlie Bell School of Management, recognises Charlie's commitment towards the provision of ongoing learning and education.
Value and duration
The Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders will reward successful candidates with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate or post graduate study.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, applicants must:
- gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian University;
- be available to commence university or continue university, as the case may be, in semester 1, 2017;
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- in respect of the Employee Award, the applicant must be employed by McDonald's or its franchisees;
Course area(s)All courses.
Scholarship applications will be judged on the basis of relative merit with reference to the following criteria:
- academic and career: goals and ambitions achievements;
- personal achievements, goals and ambitions;
- community activities and other contributions to society;
- demonstrated evidence of extent of need;
- how the applicant expects the Scholarship to impact their studies and facilitate career aspirations;
- an outline of the intended area of study;
- recommendations and references;
- an interview if short-listed; and
- quality of presentation.
Opening date: 19 September 2016
Closing date: 31 October 2016