Bruce and Carol Kendall Undergraduate Memorial Scholarship
This Scholarship is in memory of Bruce and Carol Kendall who both graduated from UTS in 1990 with a Diploma in Teaching. Bruce and Carol were committed to improving the future for Indigenous people with their involvement in education and the Stolen Generations.
This Scholarship was established by the Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning (JIHL) to assist Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to complete their tertiary education at UTS.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of this Scholarship.
Value and duration
A maximum of ten (10) new Recipients will be awarded the Scholarship each year. The value of the Scholarship to each Recipient is $1,000. The duration of the scholarship is one (1) semester.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (as demonstrated by providing a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or Statutory Declaration); and
- Be admitted into a UTS undergraduate course, including an Honours degree; and
- Have successfully completed at least one session (equivalent to twenty-four credit points) of study in a UTS undergraduate course; and
- Be enrolled in a minimum of twelve credit points in the Scholarship offer session.
Course area(s)All courses.
Selection Criteria, in priority order:
- Academic merit based on UTS results as indicated by the applicant's GPA;
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and community life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for 2017 will open progressively from the 1st of November. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 01 November 2016
Closing date: 20 March 2017