Aurora Indigenous Scholarship International Study Tour (External)
The Aurora Project is offering an opportunity to visit Stanford, Harvard, Columbia and New York University in the US, and Cambridge and Oxford in the UK, commencing in October and November of each year.
A group of approximately 15 successful applicants will spend 18 days in the US and 10 days in the UK.
Successful applicants may elect to join the full tour, or only the US or UK leg.
Value and duration
All costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals will be covered by Aurora and its supporters - last year each of the Australian universities where Scholars were studying contributed to the costs.
Who is eligible?
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, and be accepted as such by the community in which they live or have lived.
- Have completed at least two years of their undergraduate degree in any field of study.
Course area(s)All courses.
Selection will be based:
- Primarily on the basis of academic achievement (Distinction average or higher)
- Potential to become leaders in their field of study and in their communities
- Preference will be given to students in the final year of their undergraduate studies
Please visit Aurora Project Scholarship (opens an external site) website for details on how to apply.