The Wanda Jamrozik Scholarship in Postgraduate Journalism
One session for Full-time study load Recipients
Two sessions for Part-time study load Recipients
The Wanda Jamrozik Scholarship in Postgraduate Journalism has been established to celebrate the life and achievements of the late Wanda Jamrozik, while promoting the values for which she stood. Wanda made her name as a journalist with a passion for social justice, ethnic affairs and sport. The scholarship seeks to recognise outstanding journalistic work amongst postgraduate Journalism students.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have completed a minimum of two (2) sessions of study (totalling 48 credit points) towards the Master of Advanced Journalism (C04321) program; and
- Enrolled or intending to enrol in the third or later session of the Master of Advanced Journalism program in the session for which the scholarship is awarded; and
- Achieved an overall WAM of 80 or above in the course so far; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible
- This will include the submission of a piece of journalistic work (including Multimedia) completed during the degree that relates to issues of human rights and social justice.
- Journalistic merit and alignment of their submitted work to the theme of human rights and social justice.
- Articulated passion for a career in journalism as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Academic merit in the Master of Advanced Journalism to date may also be taken into consideration.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: 02 9514 2527