Vice Chancellor's Indigenous Undergraduate Tuition Fee Scholarship
Standard duration of UTS course
To attract and support high achieving Indigenous students commencing at UTS in their first undergraduate degrees. This scholarship enables the recipients to complete their undergraduate degrees without incurring a tuition fee Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS) debt.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- be a current school leaver or gap year student who received an ATAR score in the previous year where no university study was undertaken in the gap year; and
- have a course offer to a UTS undergraduate course for the Autumn semester directly following the scholarship selection; and
- intended full-time enrolment in a UTS undergraduate degree, which is their first undergraduate degree, for the duration of the scholarship.
Academic merit, based on ATAR (or equivalent score).
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.