UTS Doctoral Scholarships
Living Allowance - Equivalent to RTPS rate (2019 rate is $27,596 per annum, indexed)
Up to 3 years (PhD) 2 years (Ms)
The UTS Doctoral Scholarship (UTSD) is provided by the University of Technology Sydney, to students of exceptional research potential undertaking a Higher Degree Research (HDR). UTSDs are provided to assist with students' general living costs and have conditions and allowances similar to the Research Training Program Stipend (RTPS) which are funded by the Australian Government. However, UTSDs are not transferable to other institutions. Applicants who submitted an application for the RTPS will be automatically considered for UTSD.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, a student must:
- have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment; and
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University in the year of the UTSD (UTSDs are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University); and
- be enrolled as a full-time student, unless the University has approved a part-time UTSD for a domestic student under paragraph 5.2 of these Conditions; and
- not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature; and
- not previously have held an Australian Government-funded postgraduate research Stipend, unless it was terminated within six months of the UTSD payments commencing; and
- not be receiving an equivalent award, stipend or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
Applicants should ensure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.