UTS Alumni Scholarship
Paid over 1 year
The UTS Alumni Scholarship aims to support and recognise the contributions of current UTS undergraduate students who have demonstrated commitment to UTS and the wider community through their involvement in community service activities.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be a current student enrolled in a UTS undergraduate degree; and
- Have completed at least one (1) year of study in their current degree (equivalent to 48 credit points); and
- Achieved a minimum Credit average (WAM of 65) in their current degree; and
- Involvement in community service activities (past or present) within UTS and/or the wider community over the last two (2) years, as outlined in the Scholarship application. This will include:
- Dates of participation for each activity;
- Whether each activity was undertaken on a paid or voluntary basis;
- Whether the activity forms part of an enrolled subject requirement.
- Provision of signed letters or certificates of participation for community service activities – a maximum of two (2) only, will be accepted; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
Recipients from each Faculty will be selected based on the following:
- Involvement in community service activities within UTS as demonstrated through the provision of a reference letter and/or certificate as outlined in the eligibility criteria listed above.
- Involvement in community service activities within the wider community, as demonstrated through the provision of a reference letter and/or certificate as outlined in the eligibility criteria listed above..
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen UTS degree program, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Academic Merit may be taken into consideration.
NOTE: Students that demonstrate involvement in community service activities both within UTS AND the wider community will be highly regarded.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527