Thales Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship
$45,000 per recipient plus internship opportunity
The duration of the Scholarship is three (3) years.
The Thales Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship aims to support Aboriginal and\or Torres Strait Islander descent applicants who have the personal potential and commitment to study engineering.
Thales Australia is a major employer in the high technology sector in Australia and is committed to promoting Indigenous employment and improving our engagement with Indigenous communities.
Thales views participation in the Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship as one important means by which we can work towards achieving our objective of creating a more attractive and inclusive culture within Thales Australia for Indigenous candidates and employees. Participation will not only enable Thales to provide enhanced opportunities to Indigenous students, but will also increase cultural awareness and sensitivity for current Thales employees who are involved in program activities.
The Scholarship is open to applicants commencing the first year of their undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice (BEng(Hon)DipProfEngPrac) course, including Engineering combined degrees with Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice. It is open to both current and non-current school leavers.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be\have:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Commencing full-time enrolment in their first year of an undergraduate BEng(Hon)DipProfEngPrac Engineering degree or a combined Engineering Program with the Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice at UTS; and
- Majoring in any of Data, Electronics, Software, Mechanical, Mechanical and Mechatronic or Mechatronic Engineering; and
- An ATAR (or equivalent) of 69 or above, or have received an offer through the Jumbunna Direct Entry Program; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
- Priority will be given to students that previously participated in the Galuwa Experience program
- Academic merit (based on ATAR or relevant UTS entry criteria)
- Motivation and commitment to succeed in their undergraduate Engineering course as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
- Initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
Need more information? Contact...
By applying for the Thales Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship subject to meeting the eligibility criteria students will also be considered for:
- Aurecon Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship; and
- WJ & LM Sinclair Scholarship in Engineering
- Linden Little Equity Scholarship in Engineering