Secret Gardens Scholarship
$5,000 + Unpaid Work Placement
Paid over 1 year
The aim of the Secret Gardens Scholarship is to encourage academic excellence in the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree and provide the opportunity for a student to gain insight into the day-to-day operation of the landscape design business.
The Scholarship is open to applicants annually, offering senior Landscape Architecture students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies as well as unpaid work placement with Secret Gardens.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australia or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian Permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 18cp in Autumn and Spring sessions) in a bachelor of Design in Landscape Architecture; and
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 120 credit points (or equivalent) in their course at the time of the scholarship application; and
- Have achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 or above, and
- Submit an extended curriculum vitae; and
- Submit a digital portfolio (max5mb) of 6 x A4 landscape pages including:
- five pages of digital files of scans and/or photographs (compressed jpegs for web viewing) of original design work appropriate to the course
- one page written submission (150-200 words) that selects and identifies one of the submitted pieces of work, addressing the aims of the work and why it succeeded
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
As demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview:
- Alignment of values, goals and culture with those of Secret Gardens
- Academic Merit (based on WAM in current course to date)
- Motivation and interest in participating in a paid work placement at Secret Gardens
- Quality of or exemplary design work on digital portfolio submitted
- Knowledge of Landscape Architecture
- Motivation and interest in the UTS Landscape Architecture course
- Personal experience and achievement
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
One (1) Recipient will be awarded the Scholarship each year.