Science High Achievers Scholarship Program
Paid over three (3) years
To attract top high school students to specified UTS undergraduate Science degrees.
Who is eligible?
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or holders of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Current school leavers; or gap year students who received an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or equivalent score in the previous year, where no university study was undertaken in the gap year; and
- Have a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) preference to one of the courses at UTS in the Faculty of Science (listed below) for the Autumn semester directly following the Scholarship selection; and
- Academic excellence in the final year of high school (ATAR of 95 or above, excluding bonus points).
- Gap year students only: must apply using the UTS online Elite Scholarships Application form.
Eligible UTS:Science single degree courses:
- 607003: Bachelor of Science (Mathematics / Statistics)
- 607005: Bachelor of Science (Applied Chemistry)
- 607007: Bachelor of Science (Nanotechnology)
- 607009: Bachelor of Science (Applied Physics)
- 607011: Bachelor of Science (Environmental Sciences)
- 607080: Bachelor of Science (Analytics)
- 607033: Bachelor of Environmental Biology
- 607035: Bachelor of Marine Biology
- 607065: Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry
- 607070: Bachelor of Biomedical Physics
Eligible UTS:Science combined degree courses:
- 609250: Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Arts in International Studies*
- 609170: Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Business*
- 609250: Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Arts in International Studies (specified majors*)
- 609170: Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Business (specified majors*)
- 609220: Bachelor of Science in Analytics Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 609060: Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Laws (specified majors*)
- 609585: Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation (specified majors*)
- 609595: Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- 609600: Bachelor of Biomedical Physics Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- * Scholarship is only applicable for specific majors: Mathematics; Statistics; Chemistry; Nanotechnology; Applied Physics; Environmental Sciences.
- Ranked in ATAR (or equivalent score) order.
- First UAC preference to one of the specified UTS Faculty of Science undergraduate degree at the time of selection will be highly regarded.
- Candidates who have applied using the optional UTS online Elite School Leavers Scholarships Application form will be highly regarded.
- Motivation to succeed in the specific Faculty of Science degree program as demonstrated in the Scholarship application, may be considered.
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life as demonstrated in the Scholarship application may be considered.
How to apply
These scholarships are awarded automatically following the release of ATAR results in December, although you must be enrolling as a local student and have a University of Technology Sydney course preference on your UAC application to be eligible. The application form is optional and can be completed online at the Elite School Leaver Scholarship Application Form
By completing this application, you will be considered for all UTS Elite School Leaver scholarships, as listed here (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria):
- Vice Chancellor's Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- Vice Chancellor's Merit Scholarship
- Business Dean's Scholarship
- Engineering and Information Technology Dean's Scholarship
- Science Dean's Scholarship
- Science Indigenous Scholarship
- Science High Achievers Scholarship
- Law Dean's Scholarship
- Health Dean's Scholarship