Scholarship for Hebei Province Gaokao Students from People’s Republic of China
50% of UTS Tuition Fees
Standard duration of UTS Bachelor degree. The maximum duration of the Scholarship is eight sessions under any program.
Scholarship for Hebei Province Gaokao Students from People’s Republic of China was established to attract top achieving commencing international students completing the Senior Secondary School from Hebei province in China, and are admitted based on Gaokao results into an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Must have completed Senior Secondary School (Grade 12) in China and undertaken the Gaokao administrated by Hebei Education Examination Authority, in China; and
- Must meet all UTS admission criteria for the selected UTS undergraduate degree course; and
- Must have completed the Gaokao no longer than one year prior to commencing at UTS, and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS; and
- Must not be enrolled in a UTS Transnational Program.
The Scholarship will be awarded to the highest ranked applicant(s) on the basis of academic merit in the Gaokao results.
Where there are multiple applicants with the same results, further consideration will be given to the applicant’s response to the following question:
- How do you intend to utilise your UTS degree to contribute to the community.
Applicants may be informed in writing to submit a one page statement to address the above question.
Decisions to award Scholarships will be made solely by the Scholarships Committee as described in Clause 7 of the Conditions of Award in its absolute discretion
How to apply
UTS International will automatically consider all commencing international students who have undertaken the Gaokao administrated by Hebei Education Examination Authority no more than one year prior to commencing at UTS and are applying for an undergraduate coursework program at UTS in Sydney for this Scholarship.
Applications of eligible candidates will be presented to a Scholarships Selection Committee, which will undertake the selection of Recipients, usually in September/October each year.