The Schiff Family Scholarship
Three (3) years
The scholarship aims to support a female Indigenous Australian student commencing an undergraduate degree at UTS, who has the potential to be an effective and energetic agent for positive change in both her chosen career and her community.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- be female; and
- be commencing full-time study in any undergraduate course during the calendar year the scholarship is awarded; and
- apply for this scholarship online using the UTS Scholarship Application Form; and
- be available to attend an interview in person.
As demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview:
- Likelihood that the Scholarship will increase the ability of the Recipient to complete their UTS course at a higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case;
- Initiative and leadership potential as evidenced by extracurricular and non-academic activities;
- Potential for the Recipient to be an effective and energetic agent for positive change in both her chosen career and community, and the extent her future plans align with The Schiff Family Vision and Values statement.
Additionally, preference may be given to applicants undertaking their first undergraduate course and/or experiencing any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- financial hardship/low socio-economic status;
- carer responsibilities;
- long-term medical condition, disability, or ongoing effects of abuse;
- regional or remote background;
- sole parent.
Students wishing to demonstrate long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship may submit a personal statement outlining their circumstances.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.