The Schiff Family Scholarship
Paid over 3 years
The Scholarship aims to support a female Indigenous Australian student commencing an undergraduate degree at UTS, who has the potential to be an effective and energetic agent for positive change in both her chosen career and her community.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Be female; and
- Be commencing any undergraduate degree during the calendar year the Scholarship is awarded; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
Submission of a written statement (maximum 500 words) covering the following three core selection criteria:
- Likelihood that the receipt of the scholarship will increase the Recipient’s ability to complete the UTS degree at a higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case.
- Initiative and participation in extra-curricular and non-academic activities
- One example from their life experience, either as an observer, an instigator or as a recipient, as to how positive change is best implemented effectively, and why some best efforts fall short of their intended outcome.
The three core criteria are equally weighted.
- Additionally, preference may be given to applicants that have experienced any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- Financial hardship/low socio-economic status
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Carer responsibilities
- Disability/Long-term medical condition or ongoing effects of abuse
NOTE: Students wishing to evidence any of these above criteria should provide an additional personal statement (maximum 150 words) describing their financial and/or educational disadvantage.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research