Schiff Family Honours Scholarship
one (1) year
This Scholarship was established to support female Indigenous Australian students in their Honours year at UTS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be female; and
- Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- Be enrolled full-time in a UTS Honours degree or the embedded Honours year of their undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must apply using the UTS online Scholarship Application form to be eligible.
- All applicants must be able to attend an interview, if required.
RECIPIENT SELECTION CRITERIA
- Outstanding academic merit in their undergraduate course; and
- Motivation to succeed in the nominated UTS Honours degree as demonstrated in the scholarship application; and
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Preference will be given to students who completed their undergraduate degree at UTS.
Eligible candidates will be presented to the Scholarship Selection Committee, which will undertake the selection of recipients based on the above selection criteria.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.