The Robyn Kemmis Indigenous Student Scholarship
Three (3) years
The Scholarship aims to support a female Indigenous Australian commencing study at UTS following the completion of the UTS Jumbunna Unistart Program or a UTS Insearch Diploma.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- be female; and
- have commenced their degree during the calendar year the scholarship is awarded; and
- have completed a UTS Jumbunna Unistart program or UTS Insearch diploma; and
- apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application Form to be eligible; and
- be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
- Motivation to succeed in the nominated UTS course, as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Potential for the receipt of the scholarship increasing the likelihood the candidate will be able to complete the UTS degree at higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case, as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
Preference will be given to applicants undertaking their first undergraduate degree and/or experiencing any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- financial hardship, low socio-economic status;
- regional or remote background;
- sole parent responsibilities;
- carer responsibilities
- long-term medical condition, disability, or ongoing effects of abuse.
Applicants wishing to demonstrate long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship may submit a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship application or a personal statement outlining their circumstances together with supporting documentation.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.
For more information about this scholarship please read the following UTS Giving articles:
To donate to this scholarship please visit: www.giving.uts.edu.au/donate/robyn-kemmis