Richard Crookes Construction Merit Scholarship for Women
$7,000 + Paid Work Placement
Paid over 1 year
The Richard Crookes Construction Merit Scholarship for Women has been established to recognise the academic excellence of female students in fields of study relevant to the building industry, with the desire to support and increase the number of qualified female professionals in the building industry.
The Scholarship will support a female student in the Faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) or the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building (DAB).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in one of the specified UTS degrees with relevant majors, having successfully completed the specified credit points or greater in their course at the time of the scholarship application;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice degree (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and 192 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering Practice course (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and 192 Credit Points;/or
- combined Bachelor of Engineering course (with a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and 192 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management course and 96 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture and 96 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor Design in Architecture / B. Design in Creative Intelligence and Innovation and 192 Credit Points; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time or part-time enrolment in one of the specified degrees and relevant majors; and
- Be intending to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship Application; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person
- Academic merit (overall WAM of 70 or above) in their current UTS FEIT or DAB course relevant to a career in the building industry;
- Motivation to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Personal achievements, showing extra-curricular excellence such as community activities and otherwise, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
How to apply
Applications are currently open. Applicants must submit the Richard Crookes Construction Merit Scholarship for Women online application.
Applications close at midnight Monday 19 March 2018. Scholarships will only be awarded to candidates who attend an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527