Regional Australia Rowing Education (RARE) Scholarship
Standard Duration of UTS Course
The purpose of the Regional Australia Rowing Education (RARE) Scholarship is to attract talented, aspiring athletes from rural or regional areas, with the desire to pursue world-class rowing and enhance their educational opportunities by providing support for expenses directly linked to their study.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in, or intend to enrol in, their first year of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, and
- Submit a reference letter from the Head Coach of their current Rowing Club outlining their:
- rowing experience gained either through a school rowing program or through a rowing club; and
- physical and mental capability to be an elite athlete either through testing protocols or past performance, and
- Must be accepted into the UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Program and compete as a:
- World Class Athlete (Olympian, World Championships); or
- National Team (Open or Junior) member; or
- Elite athlete who competes at a National level; or
- Emerging Athlete competing at a state level; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
- Ranked in Sporting Achievement order, as determined by the UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Program;
- Motivation to succeed in their course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their personal, professional, community and sporting life, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application and interview;
- Having the physical and mental capability to be an elite athlete, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application and interview;
- Academic merit (ATAR or equivalent) may be taken into consideration
Preference will be given to students from rural or regional areas outside the major capital cities.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527