PhD in Analytical Chemistry – IDEAL Hub
Basic scholarship of $27,082 p.a. plus an industry scholarship of $5,000 p.a.
3 years with possible extension for 6 months.
The ARC Research Hub for Integrated Device for End-User Analysis at Low Levels Research Hub (ARC IDEAL Research Hub, https://idealresearchhub.com/) at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is currently seeking suitable PhD candidates. Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or New Zealand citizens are preferred.
Joining a unique team led by Distinguished Prof. Dayong Jin (UTS), you will carry out interdisciplinary, international and industrial collaborative research to solve emerging real-world problems.
Who is eligible?
This project will suit students with strong background in microfluidic device engineering, materials science, analytical chemistry, biochemistry or pharmacology. Additionally, the applicant must have:
- Honours degree with First Class, or Second Class Division 1, or
- MSc Research or MSc Coursework with a research thesis of at least 6 months, or
- Recognised international equivalent degree.
Students who have experience in the fields of bio nanotechnology or beads assays are preferable, along with:
- Demonstrated capability to work in a multidisciplinary team in an international environment;
- Hands-on experience in two or more of the following fields: device engineering, computer programming, data acquisition and measurement, analytical chemistry, bio conjugation, or molecular sensing;
- A strong interest in research and science;
- Excellent English communication skills, oral as well as in scientific writing, preferably with a track record in leading scientific publications and peer-reviewed papers.
Need more information? Contact...
As part of the PhD work, the students will receive training across multiple disciplines, including mechanical engineering, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, molecular sensing and nanotechnology.