PhD in Analytical Chemistry
Basic scholarship of $27,082 p.a. plus an industry scholarship of $5,000 p.a.
3.5-years with possible extension for 6 months, to carry out their PhD study at ARC IDEAL Research Hub, UTS and Minomic International Ltd.
The ARC Research Hub for Integrated Device for End-User Analysis at Low Levels Research Hub (ARC IDEAL Research Hub, https://idealresearchhub.com/) at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is currently seeking suitable PhD candidates, preferably Australian/New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Joining a unique team led by Distinguished Prof. Dayong Jin (UTS), you will carry out interdisciplinary, international and industrial collaborative research to solve emerging real-world problems.
Who is eligible?
This project will suit students with strong background in microfluidic device engineering, materials science, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or pharmacology.
Additionally, the applicant must have:
- Master degree, bachelor of honours or equivalent in relevant disciplines
Students who have the experience in the fields of bio nanotechnology or beads assays are preferable. Along with:
- Demonstrated capability to work in a multidisciplinary team in an international environment
- Hands-on experiences in two or more of the following fields: device engineering, computer programming, data acquisition and measurement, analytical chemistry, bio conjugation, flow cytometry
- Strong interest in research and science.
- Excellent English communication skills, oral as well as in scientific writing, preferably with track record in leading scientific publications and peer-reviewed papers.
As part of the PhD work, the students will receive training across multiple disciplines, including mechanical engineering, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, flow cytometry and nanotechnology.