Neville Quarry Travel Scholarship
The aim of the Neville Quarry Travel Scholarship is to support senior UTS School of Architecture students with travel costs associated with participating in an international study experience in their senior years of study.
Who is eligible?
- Be enrolled full-time in a UTS:
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture; or
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation; or
- Master of Architecture; and
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed 96 credit points or greater in their course at the time of the scholarship application;
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or holders of an Australian Permanent Resident visa or Permanent Humanitarian visa; and
- Nominate a proposed session/timing and format for the international travel experience (e.g. Global Exchange Program, Global field trip/studio or independent international study tour)
- For undergraduate applicants, it is recommended that the international study experience be undertaken either as part of a subject or after completion of their undergraduate studies and before the commencement of their postgraduate studies; or
- For postgraduate applicants, it is recommended that the international study experience be undertaken between the study periods of their postgraduate course;
- Other timing's will be considered at the time of selection; and
- Submit a digital portfolio (max 3mb) of 5 x A4 landscape pages of scans and/or photographs (compressed jpges for web viewing) of original design work appropriate to the course.
A Design Portfolio Guide from UTS Careers can be found in the links above.
In addition, preference will be given to applicants able to demonstrate financial disadvantage. See the Conditions of Award for more detail.
Shortlisted applicants are selected based on the below selection criteria.
- Quality of the submitted portfolio of work
- Demonstrated financial disadvantage may be taken into consideration
- Demonstrated motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program
- Potential for the experience to further the Recipient's Architectural career, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Academic Performance (WAM at the time of selection) may be taken into consideration
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527