M Y Ali Prize in Anatomical Pathology
This prize (previously the M Y Ali Prize in Cytopathology, originally in Diagnostic Cytology) was established in 1978 by Dr M Y Ali, former Associate Head of the School of Life Sciences at NSWIT, to recognise and reward the student who attains the highest mark in the subject 91402 Anatomical Pathology.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Prize.
Who is eligible?
The Recipient must:
- Must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Biomedical Science degree course, or a Biomedical Science major in the year for which the award is made; and
- Receive a result in the subject 91402 Anatomical Pathology in the year for which the award is made; and
- The student must not have had any prior results in this subject; and
- The result received must be a minimum of 75/D.
In priority order:
- The highest final mark awarded in the subject 91402 Anatomical Pathology.
- In the event that two or more eligible students have the same highest final mark, the following criteria will be considered:
- Performance in subject 91402 Anatomical Pathology outside of formal assessment that demonstrates mastery of and engagement in the subject;
- Overall academic performance in the student’s award course, including GPA, whether the student has failed other subjects, received academic cautions or had a finding of misconduct made against them.