Lawrence Vidoni Scholarship
The Lawrence Vidoni Scholarship has been established to support an undergraduate UTS student with a physical disability and demonstrated financial hardship to achieve their educational goals.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be enrolled in a UTS undergraduate degree; and
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 24 credit points in their course at the time the scholarship is awarded; and
- Have a physical disability; visual or hearing impairment; or any other ongoing health condition with a significant impact on mobility; and
- Be registered with the UTS Accessibility Service on a permanent basis at the point of scholarship selection; and
- Have applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Motivation and commitment to succeed in their UTS degree, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Likelihood that receiving the scholarship will have a positive impact on the Recipient’s ability to successfully complete their degree, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Personal and professional aspirations present and future, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Motivation to implement long-term goals to overcome adversity, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Financial need as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application process.
NOTE: Preference may be given to students who, within the two years immediately prior to the start of their UTS study, lived in a regional or remote area of Australia for at least 12 months.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Applications close midnight on Sunday 6th May 2018