Lawrence Vidoni Scholarship
The Lawrence Vidoni Scholarship has been established to support an undergraduate UTS student with a physical disability and demonstrated financial hardship to achieve their educational goals.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be enrolled in a UTS undergraduate degree; and
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 24 credit points in their course at the time the scholarship is awarded; and
- Have a physical disability; visual or hearing impairment; or any other ongoing health condition with a significant impact on mobility; and
- Be registered with the UTS Accessibility Service on a permanent basis at the point of scholarship selection; and
- Have applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Motivation and commitment to succeed in their UTS degree, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Likelihood that receiving the scholarship will have a positive impact on the Recipient’s ability to successfully complete their degree, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Personal and professional aspirations present and future, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Motivation to implement long-term goals to overcome adversity, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Financial need as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application process.
NOTE: Preference may be given to students who, within the two years immediately prior to the start of their UTS study, lived in a regional or remote area of Australia for at least 12 months.
How to apply
All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Applications close midnight on 25th April 2018.