Laurie Cowled Scholarship
Paid over 2 years
The Laurie Cowled Scholarship aims to support a young Indigenous woman experiencing financial disadvantage, to succeed in her undergraduate studies at UTS by alleviating some key financial pressures.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Female; and
- Under 25 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- Commencing or continuing full-time enrolment in an undergraduate degree at UTS; and
- Experiencing financial hardship.
- Preference will be given to applicants that apply through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship therin demonstrate finacial disadvantage.
- Alternatively applicants may provide evidence they are in receipt of a Centrelink benefit, and/or provide a personal statement outlining exceptional financial hardship
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Academic record (based on ATAR results or previous year's academic results, or equivalent) may be taken into consideration.
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full conditions of the Scholarship.