Laurie Cowled Scholarship
Paid over 2 years
The Laurie Cowled Scholarship aims to support a young Indigenous woman experiencing financial disadvantage, to succeed in her undergraduate studies at UTS by alleviating some key financial pressures.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- be female; and
- be under 25 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- be commencing or continuing full-time enrolment in an undergraduate degree at UTS; and
- be experiencing financial hardship.
- Preference will be given to applicants that apply for a Universities Admission Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship therein demonstrate financial disadvantage.
Alternatively applicants may provide evidence they are in receipt of a Centrelink benefit, and/or provide a personal statement outlining exceptional financial hardship;
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree, as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community, as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Academic record (based on ATAR results or previous year's academic results, or equivalent) may be taken into consideration.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.