John Hughes Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to students who have completed one semester of IT based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply you must be/have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Completed at least one session(equivalent to 24 credit points) of one of the following UTS courses, with a credit average and no fails:
- C10148 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology;
- C10152 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice;
- C10239 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Bachelor of Arts in International Studies;
- C10245 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Bachelor of Laws;
- C09067 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice, majoring in Data Engineering;
- C09067 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice, majoring in Software Engineering;
- C09119 Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours); and
- Continued full-time or part-time enrolment in one of the above four courses; and
- Able to demonstrate financial disadvantage through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship application.
- Financial disadvantage;
- Academic merit (WAM) based on UTS results;
- Initiative in personal and professional life as demonstrated through the Scholarship application.