John Holland Merit Scholarship
$7,000 + Paid Work Placement
Paid over 1 year
The John Holland Merit Scholarship has been established to recognise high achieving UTS students from the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, and the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building who are passionate about innovation in engineering and construction.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be enrolled in one of the following :
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice; or
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Business Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice; or
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Science Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice; or
- Engineering (Honours) B Arts and International Studies Diploma in Professional Engineering; or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management; or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- Students enrolled in a eligible Engineering course must also have a major in Civil or Civil/Environmental Engineering; and
- Have successfully completed at least 48 credit points or equivalent in their UTS degree at the time of the Scholarship application; and
- Have achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of Credit (65 or above); and
- Submit an extended Curriculum Vitae; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
- Previous recipients of this Scholarship cannot re-apply.
- Personal achievement, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Academic merit (WAM);
- Motivation and interest in the construction industry and participating in paid work at John Holland, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Alignment to the values, goals and culture of John Holland.
Preference may be given to female and/or Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants that best meet the selection criteria.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527