John Heine Memorial Foundation Continuing Education Prize
$10,000 + Certificate
The Metal Trades Industry Association of Australia (MTIA) established the John Heine Memorial Foundation in 1950 in memory of John Heine, who did much to advance the cause of the metal trades industry. The Foundation offers support and encouragement by awarding a major prize annually to a high performing student majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering. The prize aims to mitigate the costs of continuing education in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the prize, Recipients must:
- Be enrolled in C10061 Bachelor of Engineering Diploma in Engineering Practice or C09067 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Practice, and
- Have a major in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, and
- Have completed 103-150 credit points in C10061, or have completed 121-168 credit points in C09067, and
- Have a Weighted Average Mark >=75.
- Leadership in engineering
- Community service
- Academic achievement
- Other personal attributes.
Need more information? Contact...
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology