Integrated Solid State Quantum Photonics PhD student position
$26,682 per annum
The project includes the design, fabrication and experimental characterisation of solid state single-photon emitters integrated with photonic circuits to create a scalable highperformance platform for quantum optical signal processing.
University of Technology Sydney has an exceptional team of optical physicists with expertise in optical nanofabrication and experimental characterisation. The project will support collaborative work with external partners at the frontier of integrated photonic circuit fabrication.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- Excellent master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with honours in physics or photonics
- Solid fundamental knowledge of optics and quantum mechanics
- Practical experience with experiments in free-space optics or integrated photonics, including laser beam alignment, fibre coupling, imaging, spectroscopy and interferometry
- Nano-fabrication experience or knowledge of nano-fabrication methods
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently as a researcher and effectively in a team.
The position will be open until filled.