Intech Bank Scholarship in Information Technology
Paid over 1 year
The Intech Bank Scholarship in Information Technology was established to provide support for undergraduate students studying Information Technology. The Scholarship will provide financial assistance to a commencing or current student for one year of study in their chosen undergraduate Information Technology degree.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Commencing students:
- A current or non-current school leaver with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 80 or above, excluding bonus points; or
- Continuing students:
- Have completed at least 48 credit points of their UTS Undergraduate program, and have a minimum of 48 Credit points remaining to complete at the time of Award;
- Have a Credit Average (WAM 65 +) in their UTS FEIT undergraduate program
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage and/or other educational barriers through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship application or the Educational Access Scheme; and
- Be commencing or currently enrolled in one of the following UTS Undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice or combined Information Technology degree; or
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice (majoring in ICT Engineering or Data Engineering or Software Engineering); or
- Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours); and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Academic Merit (ATAR as the basis of admission for commencing students and WAM in UTS FEIT undergraduate degree for continuing students).
- Financial disadvantage and/or other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme application may be taken into consideration. Applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage and/or financial hardship due to any of the following will be considered:
- Long-term medical condition / disability or ongoing effect of abuse
- Personal illness / disability
- Carer responsibilities
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Refugee Status Background
- Difficult family circumstances
- Rural or Remote background
- Indigenous Australian
- Disadvantaged School
- Interest in Information Technology and motivation to succeed in their chosen Information Technology or Engineering course, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application.
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Alignment of values and goals with those of Intech Bank through majoring or intended major in ICT Engineering or Software or Data Engineering as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship please fill in the Intech Bank Scholarship Application Form.
Need more information? Contact...
When applying through UAC for UTS Equity Scholarships, Family Tax Benefit will not be considered as demonstrative of financial hardship. Only applicants receiving a Centrelink means-tested income support payment, or demonstrating exceptional financial hardship with supporting evidence will be considered.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to apply to Centrelink (or make a claim) for the Youth Allowance/Abstudy or other Centrelink benefit applicable to you. Your application may still be considered for these Equity Scholarships once you have provided evidence of a Centrelink (or other Commonwealth) means-tested income support payment (such as Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy) on the basis of your previously submitted application for the 2017-18 period.
Steps to update your details:
- Apply for a means-tested income support payment (such as Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy) via Centrelink - click on `Register' online. Centrelink will provide you with your own Centrelink Reference Number (CRN)
- For applicants who applied for an Engineering Equity Scholarships through the UAC Equity Scholarship:
- Go to Equity Scholarships Applicant Services at uac.edu.au/equity to add your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) to your existing 2017 - 18 UAC Equity Scholarship application;
- For applicants who applied for the UAC Educational Access Scheme:
- Please apply for a UAC Equity Scholarship with your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN). Apply at uac.edu.au/equity/
- You must submit or update your details on UAC website by the closing date.