Food Agility PhD Science Scholarship
This scholarship is valued at $35,000 per annum and is provided to assist with general living costs for 3 years, with the option for a 6 month extension. Following selection, the applicant will be required documentation in collaboration with A/Prof Murray to the Food Agility CRC.
This project is to investigate harmful algal blooms and pathogenic bacteria impacting aquaculture producing estuaries in NSW, Australia. Novel molecular genetic assays will be developed and applied to develop and model an early warning system for managing water quality, with particular application to the aquaculture industry. This is part of a large-scale project in collaboration with the NSW oyster industry, the NSW Department of Primary Industry, and the Food Agility CRC.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be either permanent Australian residents or New Zealand citizens.
Applicants need to have completed either:
- BSc Honours with First Class or Second Class Division 1; or
- MSc with a research thesis of at least 6 months, or
- A recognised international equivalent degree.
- A degree in biology, genetics, or microbiology
- A basic understanding of molecular genetic and bioinformatics approaches
- An ability to work well as part of a team