Dr Bob Morgan Exchange Scholarship
Varies ($1,000 to $4,000)
One (1) year
This scholarship was established by the Jumbunna Institute of Indigenous Education and Research to assist Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to reach their educational goals and to enhance their in-class study with an overseas experience which relates to their UTS course.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- have completed at least one (1) session (equivalent to 24 credit points) of study in a UTS undergraduate course with a minimum pass average; and
- be enrolled in a UTS undergraduate course for the duration of the scholarship.
In addition to the above, the applicant must undertake one of the following within the calendar year in which the scholarship is offered:
- in-country study as an enrolled UTS International Studies student; or
- an exchange program at a UTS-approved overseas institution; or
- an overseas experience which can be demonstrated to enhance their educational experience.
- Academic merit, based on the weighted average mark (WAM) of their current UTS course;
- Motivation to succeed in the nominated UTS course, as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community, as demonstrated in the scholarship application;
- Priority may be given to a student undertaking study at a university that is an overseas partner to UTS.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.