Des Thompson Memorial Prize
This prize was established by the Pharmpro Production Group to commemorate the contribution of the late Des Thompson to the pharmaceutical industry. It is awarded to the student with the highest weighted average mark for subjects in stages 3-5 of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Chemistry degree course.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Prize.
Who is eligible?
The Recipient must:
- Be enrolled as a student in C10242 Bachelor of Science degree course in the year for which the award is made; and
- Be enrolled as a student in the Applied Chemistry major in the year for which the award is made; and
- Complete stage 5 of the C10242 Bachelor of Science degree course in the year for which the award is made.
- The highest weighted average mark awarded for all subjects in stages 3-5 of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Chemistry degree course.
- In the event that two or more eligible students have the same highest weighted average mark, the following criteria will be considered:
- Performance in the course outside of formal assessment that demonstrates mastery of and engagement in the program;
- Overall performance in the student’s award course, including whether the student has failed subjects, received academic cautions or had a finding of misconduct made against them.