Chicka Dixon HDR Scholarship
Funding of $20,000
To increase interest among Indigenous candidates of undertaking a HDR at UTS, and to financially support one or more Indigenous PhD candidates, usually in their first or second year, by offering this one year “top-up” funding of $20,000.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
*To be an Australian Aboriginal Person or Torres Strait Islander an applicant must meet all three Commonwealth criteria, these being that the person must:
- be a person of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- be accepted as such by the community in which he or she lives.
- be an Australian Aboriginal Person or Torres Strait Islander*; and
- Enrolled at UTS in a higher degree research doctorate or Masters by Research
Eligible candidates will be assessed on the basis of:
- Academic achievement in previous studies
- Preference will be given to candidates early in their research candidature.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.