Broadspectrum Capstone Scholarship for Women in Engineering and IT
Broadspectrum is part of Ferrovial, one of the world's leading infrastructure operators and municipal services companies. The organisation is a provider of asset services and integrated solutions to key industries in the Resources, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, Property, Social and Defence sectors.
Broadspectum trusts and supports its people, enabling them to share and apply their collective knowledge across industries and regions, and giving them ongoing opportunities for growth through career experiences, coaching, training and collaborative work.
Like many organisations within these industries, Broadspectrum’s workforce has a majority of male employees. Broadspectrum is working on many initiatives to bring change to this in order to encourage the build of a strong female talent pipeline for the industry, and increase the female participation rate. Broadspectrum Capstone Scholarship in Engineering and IT is a step in this direction. The scholarship aims to promote equality and diversity by providing a female Engineering or IT student with the opportunity to undertake a capstone project in the organisation. The recipient will also have the opportunity to be fast-tracked into the award winning #SpectrumGrad Program after graduating.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be/have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa orpermanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering Diploma in Engineering Practice (BEngDipEngPrac),Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice(BEng(Hon)DipProfEngPrac) course, or Engineering combined degrees; and
- Major in:
- ICT Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Data Engineering
- Civil or Civil Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Have satisfied all pre-requisites to the Capstone Project; and
- Have achieved a minimum of a Credit Average (WAM 65+) in an eligible undergraduate UTS Engineering degree and major as listed above
- Complete the UTS Scholarship Application Form
- All applicants must be available to attend an interview in person
Shortisted applicants will be presented to the Scholarship Selection Committee which will endorse and approve the selection of recipients based on the above selection criteria and Broadspectrum’s recommendation.
Offers will be authorised by the chair of the Selection Committee in line with the Scholarships and Prizes Policy.