Australia Tomorrow’s Builders Scholarship
$10,000 + Paid Work Placement
This scholarship has been established to support two students in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT) and/or the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building (DAB) who have an interest in the construction and infrastructure sector. The scholarship is funded by Salini Impregilo, a dynamic Italian Industrial group, specialising in the construction of major, complex projects such as dams and hydroelectric plants, hydraulic works, railways and metro systems, airports and motorways and civil and industrial buildings.
Salini Impregilo wants to bolster Australia’s growth by supporting long-term infrastructure plans, working with today’s generation and into the future.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be enrolled in one of the below courses, having successfully completed the minimum or equivalent of credit points in their course at the time the scholarship is awarded (as outlined below);
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice degree (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and minimum 144 Credit Points, or
- Combined Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) course (with a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and minimum 144 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management course and minimum 72 Credit Points; or
- Combined Bachelor of Construction Project Management course and minimum 72 Credit Points or
- Master in Project Management and minimum 24 Credit Points.
- For the duration of the Scholarship full-time in one of the specified degrees and relevant majors**; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Have achieved a Weighted Average Mark of 65 or above in their current UTS FEIT or DAB course
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
Applicants will be selected on the following as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview:
- Passion and interest to pursue a career in the construction industry
- Motivation and interest in the work of Salini Impregilo
- Academic Merit (WAM)- preference may be given to the applicant with the highest WAM
NOTE: Provided there are applicants of sufficient merit, the scholarship will usually be awarded to the highest ranked female applicant and the highest ranked male applicant.
How to apply
To apply for the Australia Tomorrow's Builder's Scholarship, please submit the online application form.
Please note, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527