Aurecon Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship
$45,000 plus an internship opportunity
Maximum of 3 years
Aurecon provides engineering, management and specialist technical services for public and private sector clients globally. With offices in 25 countries, they have been involved in projects in over 80 countries across Africa, The Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Aurecon is committed to creating relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and to contribute in closing the gap by supporting and promoting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people employment, both within Aurecon and the wider community.
The Aurecon Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship aims to support Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants who have the personal potential and commitment to study engineering.
Who is eligible?
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Commencing full-time enrolment in their first year of an undergraduate BEng(Hon)DipProfEngPrac Engineering degree or combined Engineering Program Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice at UTS; and
- Major in Civil, Civil and Environmental, Mechanical, Mechanical and Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering; and
- An ATAR (or equivalent) of 69 or above or have received an offer through the Jumbunna Direct Entry Program; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
Applicants will be selected on the following criteria:
- Priority will be given to students that previously participated in the Galuwa Experience program
- Academic merit (based on ATAR or relevant UTS entry criteria)
- Motivation and commitment to succeed in their undergraduate Engineering course as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
- Initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
Need more information? Contact...
By applying for the Aurecon Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship subject to meeting the eligibility criteria students will also be considered for:
- Thales Galuwa Indigenous Engineering Scholarship; and
- WJ & LM Sinclair Scholarship in Engineering - this scholarship gives preference to Aboriginal and\or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
- Linden Little Engineering Equity Scholarship