ARC Research Hub for Integrated Energy Storage Solutions PhD Scholarships
A PhD scholarship will be provided to support ARC Research Hub for Integrated Energy Storage Solutions. The successful applicant will be supervised by Distinguished Prof. Guoxiu Wang and co-supervised by Dr. Xin Guo in the Centre for Clean Energy Technology (CCET) in Faculty of Science. CCET focuses on the development of efficient devices for energy harvesting, storage, and conversion. Taking a rational approach, we combine first principles calculation and modelling, novel materials architecture design and synthesis, and system integration in our teaching and research practice. We adapt our research activities to the global low-carbon energy context and aim to achieve innovations and breakthroughs in zero-emission energies. http://www.uts.edu.au/research-and-teaching/our-research/centre-clean-energy-technology. For more information about the Research Hub, see https://www.energystoragehub.org.au.
Who is eligible?
Relevant background in Chemistry or Materials Science
Must have one of the following degrees:
- Honours First or Second Class Division 1; or
- MSc Research/MSc Coursework with at least 6 months research; or
- Equivalent international degree.
Applicant must be available to start in Spring 2019, enrolling July – August.
- Applicants will be assessed on the basis of academic merit, previous research outputs and research experience.
- Applicants are required to have expertise in materials synthesis and instrumental analysis.
- Experience in working in similar research projects on energy materials will be well regarded.
- Applicants who have published in recognized scientific journals are preferred.