The 2016 finalists for the Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Research Excellence were announced on Tuesday 10 August.
View the finalists:
- Chancellor’s Medal for Exceptional Research
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s (Research) Medal for Research Impact
- Early Career Research Excellence
- Research Support
- Researcher Development (including Supervision)
- Research Excellence through Collaboration
More information about the Chancellor’s Medal for Exceptional Research award.
- Professor Hung Nguyen, Centre for Health Technologies
- Professor Louise Ryan, School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Associate Professor Cynthia Whitchurch, ithree institute
More information about the Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s (Research) Medal for Research Impact award.
- Professor Jennifer Burn, Anti-Slavery Australia
- Associate Professor Martina Doblin, Climate Change Cluster (C3)
- Associate Professor Roberta Ryan, Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG)
More information about the Early Career Research Excellence award.
- Dr Jean Baptiste-Raina, Climate Change Cluster (C3)
- Dr Saba Bebawi, School of Communication
- Dr Laurie Berg, Faculty of Law
More information about the Researcher Development (including Supervision) award.
- Professor Peter McNeil, School of Design
More information about the Research Excellence through Collaboration award.
- Professor Rosalie Viney, Professor Marion Haas, Richard De Abreu Lourenco, Associate Professor Stephen Goodall, Dr Philip Haywood, Professor Jane Hall, Associate Professor Kees van Gool, Dr Alison Pearce, Dr Naomi van der Linden, Paula Cronin, Patsy Kenny, Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation
- Associate Professor Shauna Murray, Climate Change Cluster (C3)
- Associate Professor Stella Valenzuela, School of Life Sciences
Note: There were no nominations in the UTS Medal for Teaching and Research Integration this year.