Gain invaluable international experience and take advantage of UTS’s strong industry and academic connections with our Collaborative Research Degree Program. These programs support you to pursue your PhD at two universities — UTS and one of our international partners.
As a Collaborative Degree Program student, you will:
- spend a substantive portion of your degree (minimum 1 year) at each university
- gain access to world-leading research supervision and facilities in two places
- graduate with an international qualification that is recognised around the world
UTS Collaborative Research Degree framework, conditions and process
UTS is committed to the delivery of high quality research training through the provision of exceptional research environment and access to joint/ dual PhD degrees with leading international partner universities including UTS Key Technology Partners. At the completion of the program, collaborative doctoral research degree candidates’ research will be recognised formally by both institutions. The framework of the collaborative doctoral research degrees is designed to support both incoming and outgoing candidates. There are number of benefits to the program:
- provide candidates with an opportunity to participate in jointly-supervised research projects and enrol in a PhD in two universities
- allow candidates to take advantage of UTS’ and the partner institutions’ strong academic, research, research training, and industry collaboration links to gain international experience and professional mobility
- allow for academics to attract high-quality graduate research candidates and further develop their research portfolio
How to apply
You can apply for the Collaborative Degree Program using the UTS Online Application System. You must meet the admission requirements for your PhD degree.
UTS research partner universities
UTS has currently established collaborative research degree program agreements with a number of its Key Technology Partners (KTP) and other international partners. Please contact the Graduate Research School at email@example.com for further information.