Gain invaluable international experience and take advantage of UTS’s strong industry and academic connections with our Collaborative Doctoral Research Degree Program. These programs support you to pursue your PhD at two universities — UTS and one of our international partners.
As a Collaborative Doctoral Degree Program student, you will:
- spend a substantive portion of your degree (minimum 1 year) at each university
- gain access to world-leading research supervision and facilities in two places
- graduate with an international qualification that is recognised around the world
UTS Collaborative Doctoral Research Degree framework, conditions and process
UTS is committed to the delivery of high quality research training through the provision of exceptional research environment and access to collaborative doctoral research (joint/dual PhD) degrees with leading international partner universities including UTS Key Technology Partners. At the completion of the program, collaborative doctoral research degree candidates’ research will be recognised formally by both institutions. The framework of the collaborative doctoral research degrees is designed to support both incoming and outgoing candidates. There are number of benefits to the program:
- provide candidates with an opportunity to participate in jointly-supervised research projects and enrol in a PhD in two universities
- allow candidates to take advantage of UTS’ and the partner institutions’ strong academic, research, research training, and industry collaboration links to gain international experience and professional mobility
- allow for academics to attract high-quality graduate research candidates and further develop their research portfolio
How to apply
1. Inquire with the UTS Graduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org) with following information:
- Enrolment letter at home university indicating your doctoral program start date and expected completion date
- Your home university’s approval for you to pursue the collaborative degree with UTS
- Research timeline including planned activities for the minimum 12 months' UTS stay up to submission/completion at both universities
- UTS principal supervisor confirmation
- English proficiency evidence
2. The UTS Graduate Research School will assess your above information and encourage you to apply if you are eligible. You will need to submit the formal application via UTS Online Application System by indicating you are applying for the Collaborative Doctoral Degree Program. You must prepare your supporting documents and meet the admission requirements for your PhD degree prior to submit the formal application.
UTS research partner universities
UTS has currently established Collaborative Doctoral Research Degree program agreements with a number of its Key Technology Partners (KTP) and other international partners. Please contact the Graduate Research School at email@example.com for further information.