Innovative Emergency and Disaster Nursing Education and Training - United for Action
The goal of this meeting was to strengthen and sustain emergency and disaster nursing network membership, education and research through communication technologies, partnerships and evaluation progress. Specific meeting objectives were to:
- Discuss and monitor network action plans, together with reviewing operational progress, including: updates on national experiences and responses; regional and global meetings and networks; core competencies and curricular domains; and gap analysis of necessary technical and financial resource mobilization;
- Identify key strategies to expand network membership, web-page usage, collaboration and resource-sharing;
- Implement pilot training, using the emergency and disaster nursing psychosocial health; initial trauma care; respiratory and other disease infection control pre-post disasters;
- Develop national and regional education/training action plans and evaluation methods;
- Plan next priority network action steps, including network meeting venue and dates.