The Strategic Directions for Strengthening Nursing and Midwifery Services (SDNM)
WHO CC was invited onto the Taskforce which was created to lead a process of reviewing and updating the Strategic Directions for Strengthening Nursing and Midwifery Services 2002-2008. The Task Force role was to:
- Develop a framework and process for the review of the SDNM;
- Select indicators and compile information on progress in achieving the SDNM objectives using the indicators and other appropriate measures;
- Prepare vision statement on nursing and midwifery services in 2015;
- Draft updated SDNM consistent with the vision statement; and
- Facilitate consultative process on proposed SDNM 2009-2015.