Participation in the establishment of a WHO WPRO Asian Pacific Emergency and Disaster Nursing Network
Joint representation WHO CC - Council of Deans
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Date: 25-27 October 2007
The joint informal meeting was composed of two parts, aimed at:
Part 1: discussion on general issues on partnerships for response to emergencies; and
Part 2: addressing specific partnerships and operational functions of the nursing emergency management network.
Objectives of Joint Asia Pacific Informal Meeting of Health Emergency Partners and Nursing Stakeholders:
- Presented key issues on health sector coordination in preparedness and response activities and core agency health activities for preparedness and response.
- Discussed the health cluster approach and recent experiences in the field.
- Orientation to the Regional IASC Network and the Nursing Health Emergency Management Networks.
- Identified means of enhancing collaborative work and coordination, including furthering the integration of nurses/midwives into national, regional and global preparedness and response activities.
- Reached agreement on the overall operational aims of the Asia-Pacific Nursing Health Emergency Management Network.
- Developed an action plan focused on selected key areas of work of the nursing network, including communications and capacity-building.