The 24th Annual Australian Association for Professional & Applied Ethics (AAPAE) Conference calls for abstracts and papers related to the central theme of Applied Ethics in the Fractured State and other issues in applied ethics and the professions. Potential topics may include, but are not limited to:
- The limits of authority in plural societies;
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR);
- The role of statutory organisations and other quasi-state organisations;
- Issues of professionalism (regulation; closure) in a range of organisations;
- The state and religion;
- Policing for the state;
- Ethics and the economy/state relations;
- Leadership and governance;
- The necessity for government in militating environmental degradation;
- Representations of authority and its contestation in law, science and art.
The 24th Annual AAPAE Conference will be hosted by the Institute for Public Policy and Governance University of Technology Sydney (UTS: IPPG).
The final closing date for abstract submissions is 1 June 2017.
Please check the registrations page for details of substantial registration discounts; Early Bird registration is available until 30 April 2017. AAPAE members and HDRs also receive a discount on their registration.
- Submissions are welcome from academic faculty, doctoral students and professionals.
- Please send a 250-word abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authors will be notified of submission outcomes within 10 working days of submitting their paper.
- Papers presented at the conference will be invited for submission to the AAPAE’s associated journal, Research in Ethical Issues in Organizations (REIO). REIO is a peer reviewed journal, and all submitted papers will go through a rigorous double-blind review process to determine suitability for publication. Submission for peer review does not guarantee acceptance for publication.
Registrations are now open. You may attend as a presenter or as a delegate.