UTS:Law Research hosts leading international and Australian researchers who wish to spend a short period of time at the Faculty of Law. They are able to discuss their current research with UTS researchers at Law Faculty seminars and mentor higher degree research students. Fellows are welcome to participate in the academic activities of the Faculty and UTS.
Faculty of Law Distinguished Visiting Researcher Scheme
The Law Faculty scheme enables a leading, international, senior academic to spend approximately 3 to 4 weeks in the Faculty. The academic visitor’s research areas will link with the Faculty’s key or emerging research areas. The focus of the stay will be on providing mentoring of colleagues. It is also intended that the visit will provide an opportunity to build longer-term collaboration.
Recent recipients of the scheme include:
- Professor Fiona Macmillan of Birkbeck, University of London (2010), hosted by Professor Katherine Biber and Dr. Honni van Rijswijk (Law and Culture).
- Professor Ben Richardson of the University of British Columbia (2012), hosted by Professor Lesley Hitchens.
- Dr. Andreas Philippopoulos-Mihalopoulos of the University of Westminster (2013).
- Professor Peter Goodrich, Cardozo School of Law (2014), hosted by Dr. Honni van Rijswijk (Law and History).
For further information on the Distinguished Visiting Researcher Scheme, please contact our Research Officer.
UTS Distinguished Visiting Scholar Scheme
The UTS Distinguished Visiting Scholar Scheme enables esteemed international researchers to collaborate with UTS researchers for a period of two to six months. Scholars appointed under this scheme are provided with up to AUD $10,000 (depending on the length of their visit) to be used for travel, accommodation, and living expenses during their stay. Remuneration is not available under the scheme. The hosting Faculty will provide suitable space and facilities.
Recent recipients hosted by the Faculty of Law include:
- Professor Christopher Tomlins of the University of California, Irvine (2013) hosted by Professor Shaunnagh Dorsett (Law and History).
- Dr. Martyn Pickersgill, University of Edinburgh (2017), hosted by Dr. Karen O'Connell (Health Justice). As part of the visit, Dr Pickersgill and Dr O'Connell spoke to 2SER about rethinking the way we diagnose psychiatric disorders.
For further information on eligibility and how to apply, please contact our Research Officer.
Other visiting fellowships
The UTS Research and Innovation Office provides information about other research fellowships available for senior Australian and international researchers seeking to visit the Faculty of Law, UTS to undertake research.
For further information about the application process, please contact our Research Officer.