IMC Sky High
IMC Sky High is a two-year university-run program for Year 8 and 9 students in schools in low socio-economic areas. It aims to:
- nurture engagement in education and inspire retention at school,
- develop individual potential, and
- promote positive thinking about possibilities for futures.
During the program students will:
- gain knowledge about career pathways and understanding about how to achieve particular goals.
- apply numeracy and literacy in real life contexts including navigating public transport and unfamiliar environments.
- develop confidence in communicating within formal and informal settings.
- build resilience and courage in trying unfamiliar challenges.
Supporting students for future possibilities
Through exposure to diverse experiences the IMC Sky High program seeks to expand educational horizons by providing aspirational opportunities as well as academic support in between events. The program is designed to complement the work of schools and link to the curriculum. Activities include:
- excursions to places of educational, social, and cultural interest.
- field trips to diverse occupational fields.
- University of Technology Sydney workshops
- In-school workshops