The UTS MusEd Resource Kit is designed to support students and teachers to have a deep and enriching experience in composition, musicology, aural and performance practice leading to a comprehensive understanding of music and its processes as part of the study of HSC Music Courses 1, 2 & Extension with content also applicable to Stage 5 Music.
Written by leading educators, the Resource Kit assists schools to meet the syllabus requirements in a practice-based and fully-integrated way, featuring sequential lesson plans, repertoire, video tutorials and techniques in performances, listening and composition.
This immersive learning experience brings together music education, creative learning and cognitive neuroscience. It has been designed to make teaching and learning Contemporary Australian repertoire accessible and inspiring for young musicians. Carefully prepared to be flexible and easy-to-use, you can jump in at different points and choose what activity is appropriate for your students across performance, aural, musicology and composition.
UTS: MusED Resource Kit includes
- Print & Online Learning Kit
- Full Teaching Notes & Repertoire
- Interviews with Educators, Composers & Performers
- Teacher Workshops
- Student Workshops led by Music Educator Peta Harper
- Program of APQ Concerts
- APQ Talks with Composers, Leading Educators And Musicians
- Live Art Music Recordings
- Score Samples
- Biographical information on Composer
- 5 Contemporary Australian Music Scores & Recordings performed by APQ
- How to compose and perform music for small ensembles
- An instrument & its repertoire
- Approaches to analyzing and notating music
- Integrated classroom activities designed by education specialists
Digital Resource Kit
All your resource kit materials are downloadable. By downloading them, you can continue to draw upon them for inspiration and reinforcement across the school year.
Complete the order form and we will send you a hard copy of the Resource Kit and USB with accompanying music recordings. MusEd Resource Kit costs $75 + $15 delivery.
If you only watch, your body and brain never really understands to the depth of someone who actually does the music. Once you have had the experience of exploring the music actively, when you listen, it is active knowledge, because all the memories and actions that you did in relation to the music are firing. You are listening actively.