Registration and Payment
How do I register and pay for a short course?
To register and pay for a short course you must visit the relevant short course page and either:
- register online using the 'Book Now' button for credit card payments;
- or for organisations with an ABN, complete an Invoice Request Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com
How do I cancel my enrolment in a short course?
If you wish to cancel your enrolment, please notify the short course administrator.
For more information, download the Short Courses Cancellation Policy (pdf, 37kb).
Note: Due to an increase in fees each year, any registrations for the following year will be subject to an increase.
Where are the short courses held?
Most short courses run by the Institute for Public Policy and Governance and the Centre for Local Government are held in Building 1 (Tower) of the UTS City Campus located at 15 Broadway, Broadway (UTS Campus map). The closest station to UTS is Central Railway, approximately 10 minute walk to the venue. There are also many buses that run from the City or from Parramatta Road. You will be notified of the exact room and location of the short course via email before the course starts. There will also be room signs to guide you on the day.
Car parks at the UTS campus (map) - please note, prices may vary slightly:
- Undercover Parking in Building 10, Entrance in Thomas St (near corner of Wattle St.) - $23 (Max per day) The hours are 7am to 10pm, Monday to Friday. Please refer to the map for access points.
Car parks around the UTS campus
- Apple Carpark, 169 Thomas Street, Haymarket: (02) 9281 2066
- Entertainment Centre Carpark (Secure Parking): (02) 9264 1624
- Her Majesty's Theatre Carpark, 89 Quay Street, Haymarket: (02) 9212 1525
There are several hotels in close proximity to UTS and some offer a government rate (please note that prices are subject to change).
- The Mercure Sydney, 5 minutes from UTS, Ph: 02 9217 6777
- Vulcan Hotel, 5 minutes from UTS, Ph: 02 9211 3283
- Novotel Sydney Central, 5 minutes from UTS, Ph: 02 9281 6888
- The Rendezvous Hotel, 5 minutes from UTS, Ph: 02 9212 2544
- Metro Hotel Sydney Central, 10 minutes from UTS, Ph: 02 9281 6999
Short Course Details
Is catering provided?
Yes, we provide lunch. If you have any special dietary requirements please let the short course administrator know at least a week before the course begins.
Do I have to bring anything with me?
We provide a copy of the course notes either online or in hard copy, however we recommend that you bring paper and pens to take notes with. Also participants in the Building Regulation and Advanced Building Regulation short courses are required to bring the appropriate volume of the BCA with them (volume 1 for Advanced Building Regulation, and volume 2 for Building Regulation).
What are the course times?
Before the course commences you will be emailed a schedule with the specific starting and finishing times, course timetables will also be made available on the short courses page prior to course commencement. Generally the courses run from 9am to 5pm on all days.
Recognition for CPD
How do I seek recognition for Continuing Professional Development points?
Students who are seeking recognition of UTS short courses for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points by professional associations and boards must contact the relevant organisations (e.g. Building Professionals Board, the Association of Accredited Certifiers, Australian Institute of Building Surveyors) to make application and seek their advice about whether they will allocate CPD points for the courses undertaken.
In support of your application, our administration team can provide relevant documents to verify details of the course undertaken and the total hours of face-to-face training.
For further information contact the Institute's short course administration team on (02) 9514 7884 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.