Well considered strategic planning contributes to the sustainable functioning of both public and private organisations. Organisational Strategic Planning focuses on the future, ways to set appropriate goals and the steps to move towards these goals.
This five-day course takes a multidisciplinary approach that recognises the many different strands of strategic planning across public sector organisations, NGOs and state and local government. It will explore the origins of strategic planning, the context it operates within, the legislative and organisational frameworks, and ways it can support the sustainable functioning of public and private organisations. Students will benefit from an expanded understanding of strategic planning approaches and tools and an increased capacity for strategic thinking.
Key info: dates, costs and location
1-3 April 2019 (Block 1) and
2-3 May 2019 (Block 2)
|Venue||UTS City Campus|
$2,650 (GST free)
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.
Who should attend?
- Corporate planners
- Strategic urban planners
- Senior management staff
- Program officers
- DAY ONE - Understanding strategic planning; working with ambiguity and uncertainty; Where is your organisation now?
- DAY TWO - Approaches to strategic planning and application; Where does you organisation want to be?
- DAY THREE - Engaging with community, other levels of government and across boundaries; How will your organisation get there?
- DAY FOUR - Implementation; measuring progress.
- DAY FIVE - Accountability; performance review and reporting
About the presenters
Ronald Woods has 30 years’ Australian and international experience in social policy and the human services. He has extensive applied and theoretical knowledge and experience in the fields of service development and community engagement.
Pathway to postgraduate study
Successful completion of this short course could count as credit towards one of our postgraduate courses.
Booking and payment options
Pay by credit card:
To enrol and pay online by credit card, please visit the UTS short courses website:
Customised and in-house delivery options
This course can also be customised and/or delivered in-house. Find out more
Need more information? Check our FAQs, or contact us directly:
- For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on +61 (02) 9514 7884 or email email@example.com with questions relating to this course.
- For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This short course is presented by the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance. Learn more about the Institute's research, industry collaboration, postgraduate and professional development opportunities.