Dates: 9-11 July (Block 1) and 13-14 August (Block 2) 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $2530.00 (GST free)
Well considered strategic planning contributes to the sustainable functioning of both public and private organisations. Strategic Planning focuses on the future, ways to set appropriate goals and the steps to move towards these goals.
This five-day course takes a multidisciplinary approach that recognises the many different strands of strategic planning in modern local government. It will explore the origins of strategic planning, the context it’s operating within, the legislative and organisational frameworks and ways it can support the sustainable functioning of public and private organisations. Students will benefit from an expanded understanding of strategic planning approaches and tools to utilise and an increased capacity for strategic thinking.
Who should attend?
- Coorporate planners
- Strategic urban planners
- Senior management staff
- Program officers
- DAY ONE- Understanding strategic planning; working with ambiguity and uncertainty; Where is your organisation now?
- DAY TWO- Approaches to strategic planning and application; Where does you organisation want to be?
- DAY THREE- Engaging with community, other levels of government and across boundaries; How will your organisation get there?
- DAY FOUR- Implementation; measuring progress.
- DAY FIVE- Accountability; performance review and reporting
About the Presenters
Geraldine O’Connor is Senior Programs Officer for the UTS Centre and the Course Co-ordinator. She is an urban planner with over 20 years’ experience in local government. Her areas of interest include community engagement, collaboration and organisation and community development. Geraldine has a Master’s of Education ( Social Ecology).
Ronald Woods has 30 years’ Australian and international experience in social policy and the human services. He has extensive applied and theoretical knowledge and experience in the fields of service development and community engagement.
Fee and Discounts
Standard Full Fee - $2530.00 (GST Free)
- 10 % discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to email@example.com to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.